Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 to the 1

So, yeah, I've been delinquent posting the last two tracks of the awesome mix that Carls gave me for my Birfday.  This is mainly because I've been going to awesome shows and hanging out with Carls and Weezy, gangin up on all kinds of new musiks.  I did come through on a couple mixes for her this past weekend, which we enjoyed over a puzzle and with more than one glass of wine.

I'll post about a couple recent adventures later this week.  For now, I give you the top two tracks on the mix, and then I'm out to catch Passion Pit at the Moore! (which my very cool new roommate was awesome enough to snag me a ticket for) aaaaaand I'm sure Carls'll impress me later with how she got backstage passes to her Weezer concert tonight...

#2

The Ghost Inside, by the Broken Bells

While you may not have heard of the Broken Bells, you've certainly heard of the duo in other contexts...Brian Burton (aka Danger Mouse) teamed up with James Mercer, of the Shins.  The two of them compose and produce together, but rock the full band on tour.  This song was a hit for me from the first time I played it.  Pretty chill song, with a weird ass Star Wars video accompaniment...



#1

Holidays, by Miami Horror

This Aussie group has been crafting since 2008, but is really hitting its stride today.  This song has a faaaaaaantastic beat and puts me in a great mood.  I had heard some of their mixed stuff, (I Look to You, ft Kimbra), but this song really brought them to the forefront of my musiks world.  hope you dig it too...

Miami Horror - Holidays by mikkelstonefire



  1. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
  2. Dom - Living in America
  3. Washed Out - New Theory
  4. The Very Best - Angonde (Johan Hugo Remix ft. Mo Lauci)
  5. The Firecracker Kids - Half Light II (No Celebration)
  6. Gobble Gobble - Lawn Knives
  7. Active Child - When Your Love is Safe
  8. KiD CuDi - Sountrack 2 My Life
  9. Telephoned - O.N.E. (Yeasayer x Gyptian Cover)
  10. The Naked & Famous - Young Blood
  11. The Streets - Trust Me
  12. Ra Ra Riot - Boy (RAC Mix)
  13. Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside
  14. Miami Horror - Holidays
  15. Tunng - Hustle
  16. Bloc Party - Letter to My Son
  17. Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground
  18. The Radio Dept. - Heaven's on Fire
  19. Delorean - Simple Graces

No comments: