Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Kids Are Disco Dancing


Time is a funny thing. Sometimes it feels like it speeds right by, and other times its amazing how far away things seem. I've always used music as a way to measure time, both specific moments in history (like a cover of 'Friday I'm in Love' by Aqualung, or Jamie Lidell's 'Multiply') and as a barometer of how my musical taste has evolved over the years. Nothing drew that in such sharp relief like Thanksgiving weekend did, when a friend who used to only listen to Jay-Z as far as I'm concerned, excitedly asked me about the Limousine song that popped up on my playlist.

Which gets me to the point of this post. The Limousines opened for Weezer's Time Machine tour on Tuesday, and Matty was awesome enough to let me come to the Pinkerton show with him. Weezer played one song from every album starting at Hurley and working their way back, finishing the night by playing the entire Pinkerton album end to end. The last time I saw Weezer, I was a freshman in college, still figuring out who I was and what I wanted to be. Rocking out on Tuesday, I realized that I still have no idea about either, but I know I've listened to some awesome music with some incredible friends and I'm really okay with not knowing the rest of it.

No comments: