Friday, November 12, 2010

Car's Mix


I recently had a quiet birthday, spent in part with Car, down in SF, but one of the more smashing successes of the weekend was a mix I got from her fantasticness.  The album contained a heady mix of new musics for me.  Some more well known groups made it on with new hits (the Firecracker Kids), there were a lot of rising stars (The Naked & Famous - I'm looking at you in particular), and of course, those artists that you're never sure if she heard from her newest hipster friend, or is just something that she pulled off her Pure Moods CD and subsequently dubbed: "Tunng."

Anyway, this mix has been getting me from place to place in the trusty RSX for the past month or so, and I thought, "Ya know, this mix is definitely good enough for a top 5..."  and here we are today.

I think I'll let the tracks speak for themselves, but what I will say, is that the distinction between contender and pretender is quite clear.  I knocked out the first 10 tracks quite easily - while they weren't BAD, they just weren't standouts for me.

The remaining 4 were considerably more difficult, but manageable, and we had to lose some great artists like Ra Ra Riot and The Streets, as well as one of my favorite Cudder songs.  And so, without further ado, I give you # 5 in the 4 spot.
  1. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
  2. Dom - Living in America
  3. Washed Out - New Theory
  4. The Very Best - Angonde (Johan Hugo Remix ft. Mo Lauci)
  5. The Firecracker Kids - Half Light II (No Celebration)
  6. Gobble Gobble - Lawn Knives
  7. Active Child - When Your Love is Safe
  8. KiD CuDi - Sountrack 2 My Life
  9. Telephoned - O.N.E. (Yeasayer x Gyptian Cover)
  10. ?
  11. The Streets - Trust Me
  12. Ra Ra Riot - Boy (RAC Mix)
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. Tunng - Hustle
  16. Bloc Party - Letter to My Son
  17. Sleigh Bells - Crown on the Ground
  18. ?
  19. Delorean - Simple Graces
Look for #s 4 and 3 over the coming week, then I'll wrap up the list with our winner sometime before Thanksgiving, when I plan to grace Car with her very own epic mix.

04 Angonde (Johan Hugo Remix Feat. M.mp3 by cooperativemusicuk

1 comment:

Car said...

YES!!! I get a mix!!! and dude that is one sketchy photo I don't remember at all from 'squatch.