Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Burgher on the Scene

Well, well, well, if it isn't another hometown homeslice of mine, blowin up!  Mac Miller, the latest young star from Pittsburgh has just landed on my laptop.   He's a pretty chill hip hop artist, although I must admit I was not expecting this kind of sound from a 19 yo white boy.  Bro'skie put out some pretty cool stuff, including this rap, set to an uptempo version of Owl City's Firefly.  When I was watching some of his vids, I came across "Get a Clue" and immediately recognized the beat from "They Say" by a trio of some of my favs:  Common, Kanye and Mr. Legend (incidentally, they picked up the beat from a song by Ahmad Jamal).  The keyboarding, coupled with a soft snare in the background really works well for this track.

Aight, Stillers, make us Three River Fans proud and stomp dem Ravens ('n at)!!





No comments: