Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 in concerts


I’ve had a pretty amazing run. I started this year unemployed and adrift and have ended the year one incredibly blessed young lady. (ish. ladyish.) I've been lucky enough to have amazing adventures, listen to some fantastic music, get a new job and apartment, and generally raise the shenaniganry bar pretty high. In addition to SXSW, Sasquatch, and Austin City Limits festivals here are the shows I saw this year. Thanks to my favorite people in the world for dancing with me like a crazy person, going camping with a bottle of Woodford, driving through deserts, and taking me on repeated trips to Taco Deli. I seriously have the best friends ever. And Dowks- our bet is still on for 2011.

In No Particular Order:

Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
Stars
Phoenix
Musical Autobiography Sketchfest
Matt Nathanson
Fun.
Wheezer/ The Limousines
The National
Mumford & Sons
Arcade Fire at the Greek
Arcade Fire in Big Sur
Robyn
Ratatat/ DOM
Mat Pond Pa
Fools gold
Broken Social Scene
Miike Snow
The Very Best
The xx
The National
Vampire weekend
Passion pit
Minus the Bear
Kid Cudi
Freelance Whales
LCD Soundsystem
Dirty Projectors
The Heavy
MGMT
Massive attack
Deadmau5
Temper trap
She & Him
Drive-By Truckers
Chiddy bang
Washed out
Uffie
Best Coast
Nicky Jean
Cool Kids
The Black Keys
The Strokes
Beach House
Girls
Spoon
Mayer Hawthorne
Broken Bells
Dan Black
Mat and Kim
M.I.A.
Muse
Flaming lips
Pete Yorn
The Morning Benders
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Band of Horses
Cage the Elephant
Talib Kweli

and yes. I'm ridiculous.

No comments: