Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Search Of Elusive Little Comets

When I studied abroad I became obsessed with the music scene in Ireland and the United Kingdom, and seriously considered dropping out of school to move to somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool to become immersed in the music scene there. Shockingly, the parentals would not agree to my ridiculous lack of plan and consequently I've had to rely on Tres as my emissary of all music Anglophile. I've been aware of the British group Little Comets but it wasn't until I heard this track from their upcoming CD which has a sound reminiscent of Vampire Weekend and Franz Ferdinand (without the awkward slowed down chorus thing going on) that I got really excited about their music.

Their new CD 'In Search Of Elusive Little Comets' comes out at the end of the month and can be added to my growing list of musics to purchase. Enjoy!

No comments: