Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Smith Westerns are neither Western, nor Smiths....Discuss


So yeah, the Smith Westerns are an excellent sounding indie band that I just recently discovered through one of leslietron's epic share seshes on reader.  I have to say I really dig their sound and style, but the constant static/buzzing accompanying the lyrics in their debut album has really been throwing me off.....which is why I'm looking forward to the upcoming release of Dye It Blonde on Jan 18!  It sounds like they should have "fixed" some of that and the song below sounds very polished and clean - I dig it.  This will definitely be an album I pick up immediately...only one week to go!


Old Self-titled Album: - Tonight
The Smith Westerns- Tonight by ornamentation

New album: Dye It Blonde - All Die Young
Smith Westerns - "All Die Young" by forcefieldpr

No comments: